Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A light bulb

I first created my blogger account some weeks ago after reading some great posts from friends, and thinking it would be an excellent medium to express some of my inner creativeness. When it came to beginning my first post however, I came to the realisation that I didn't have anything innovative to share with all you lovely readers. This actually shocked me somewhat, as I have been brought up in a hugely arty farty, eccentric family, yet could find nothing to offer! So I saved my clumsily written few lines, and retired the idea.

Since then however, there have been a few little things I have seen on the net that have made me realise that perhaps I have something to flesh out this blog of mine after all!
Firstly I have been reading (and am now addicted to) a fashion blog written by a girl I went to high school with. I stumbled upon her page after she posted a note about it on facebook. In it she talks about fashion from high end runway couture, to the best bargain spots across Melbourne. I was really impressed by her lack of prejudice when it came to expensive labels vs op-shop finds or cheap alternatives. Her own wardrobe was also highly enviable, with so many of her outfits, looking as though she has stepped straight out of a Sportsgirl catalouge. But in truth she has managed to find most of her clothes for bargain prices, and made them to look like super expensive ensembles.

Another bright idea that sparked my attention (also thanks to facebook), was a little project that my Production Manager for a show I'm doing has started: 30 Shoes in 30 Days. As the title suggests, she will be wearing a different pair of shoes each day for 30 days, as well as trying to co-ordinate these various shoes with an appropriate outfit. Each day she has written a little description about the pair of shoes she is wearing eg. where they came from, how much they cost, why she loves them etc. I just think this is such a fun way to express to others a little part of yourself and to be able to show off your wardrobe at the same time.

So.....trying to veer away from copying the above ideas, I have decided to simply share with fellow bloggians, the inner-workings of my terribly chaotic wardrobe, and in turn, will hopefully encourage myself to dust off some my poor clothes that haven't been worn in a while!
Each post I will try and upload a new outfit, and tell the story of how it found its way into my hands.
I hope this blog in even mildly interesting, and if it is not, then at least I will have developed a catalouge of my clothes just like that girl from Clueless has....there's one lifelong dream ticked off the list!!

Stay tuned for my first outfit show and tell!! xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment