Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Lot's and lot's of shoes!



My addiction to op-shopping is getting mildly unhealthy of late. For my bank account I mean. You would think, buying things second-hand would mean I was one to keep a close watch on my spendings, and only buy things when necessary. Definitely not the case. Yes, I love a bargain. In fact during the times when I am not shopping at op-shops/ thrift stores, rarely will I buy anything that is not on sale. Despite this though, somehow my brain has decided that because I don't spend much on each thing individually, I can buy loads and loads of stuff and not feel guilty. As a result of this sick logic, my bedroom looks like this..



And look at my wardrobe...it's spilling onto the floor :S:S:S

Scary stuff people!!

Despite the sty my room has become, I just can't seem to give up this obsession. Perhaps I shall just sell it all on Ebay and start again! :(

Anyway, enough of these dark revelations....what I really wanted to do today was show you (my non-existent readers) some new finds I picked up/found recently...SHOES! Have a look :)








These brown suede shoes/booties I picked up from the Wantirna Salvos on Stud road. I have been into this oppy a few times before and have never been too impressed with my findings, but today I came out with an armload of things. These shoes are great. I wore them to uni yesterday with my jeans, but forgot to wear socks, so have a couple of blisters. Still not bad for $5.99 :)

I got these clogs from the same Salvos surprisingly! I have been looking for a pair of inexpensive clogs for ages and couldn't believe it when I saw these. Although I'm not the biggest fan of the writing on them, I think if worn with the right spring outfit, these could work. It's a bit of a shame really, because right before I found these, I had just ordered a pair off the internet for a fair bit more, and lots of stuffing around. Oh well! These clogs were $4.99
Check out my blue suede shoes! They were found on one of my NEW addictions, etsy.com. Etsy is like Ebay, only products have a set price, there is no bidding required AND it is for the most part, a marketplace for handmade and vintage goods.
Etsy sellers are mainly located in America, which can mean expensive shipping, but if you look hard enough, there are bargains to be found. One tip is to show search results from least expensive to most expensive in order to look for the best deals. I think I paid around $25ish AUS for these including shipping from the states, which I didn't think was too bad for my first purchase.

Anyway, I hope to post again sooner rather than later, which always seems to be the case for me! Later folks xo

No comments:

Post a Comment