Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Shelf Scouring



When op-shopping, it's probably best to keep an open mind about the sorts of things you are after. I've often found if I am looking for one thing in particular I will spend all my time rummaging through the shelves in a desperate search for something that even vaguely resembles what I had in mind. In the meantime I have missed all this other fantastic stuff, all to find some mediocre version of the thing I thought I wanted. It's these times when I tend to leave disappointed and fed up. So now, I try to enter an oppy with no expectations, and like to consider what the entire store has on offer, not just the sections I would usually look at ie. dresses, tops, etc.
So looking through my closet, I've found that there is a complete mish mash of clothes of all different styles and from all different eras.....just the way I like it!

Here are a few more today....


This came from the old Salvos in Ringwood before it was relocated a few doors down Maroondah Highway. It was a couple of bucks, and I have had so much wear out of it, particularly to uni with a pair of jeans, an old shirt and a scarf. It has great colours and a really nice worn in feel to it.

This dress is sooo much fun. It came from Savers Greensborough, and from memory cost about $8. You can't really tell from the photo, but neckline falls across the shoulders and the big puffy sleaves go around the middle of the upper arm. Wearing this is like entering an old Madonna video clip. So many frills and black lace! Again this is something I've had tonnes of wear out of, be it to a costume party, or simply wearing it on a Saturday night out. :p
This brightly coloured dress came from the amazing Value City in Coburg. This place is one of my new favourite places in the world, and I can't remember if I've talked about it yet....
Basically its like Savers except with a section dedicated to hand selected vintage pieces for really really good prices. I always leave with an armload of stuff (which is why I have restricted my visits there of late). I bought this dress purely because the colours captured my attention. I haven't yet found occasion to wear it, and I think it needs a few adjustments before I do, but I appreciate the colour scheme non-the-less. Think it was about $12 or so.




Also! Completely off topic, but today my lovely friend gave me lessons in how to crochet!!
This my first attempt, and I am very excited about it! Hopefully I can make it into a big blanket in time for next Winter. Plus there is the bonus, that as we are moving into summer, wool prices should be dropping. Fingers crossed!

1 comment:

  1. hope you're heading to bayswater tomorrow to add to it ha ha!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete